• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Fuel flow meter - looking for source

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking for a flow meter to measure fuel flow accurately in the range of 1 to 5 gallons per hour (4L to 20L). It can be a positive displacement type because it will be used to measure fuel flow only on the test stand and will never fly. I've tried this style of meter but it's just not sensitive enough. I'd prefer not to have to build and calibrate one from scratch.

Anyone know of a source for an off the shelf flow sensor in this range that is compatible with 100LL and auto fuel? If not any ideas on the best way to make one? I'm thinking a vane type with either a hall position sensor or vane in window and photo cell.

Back