• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

So new.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smarcoux

Been around planes my hole life,(airport brat, my father was a skydiver) built radio control planes for years, built dirt bikes,was a mechanic,been an HVAC tech until recently. Skydiving does't itch the scratch I have for flying so I started flying lessons last year in January. Got my license two months ago and I'm going to start my tail wheel endorsement .

Devine intervention put me one to a pitts special and after much research and talks with a number of FSDOs and other FAA types it was (and is) the right thing to do. I figure by the time I'm finished the plane I will have enough stick time to handle my life long dream of owning a pitts....of course with proper training.

Now the hardest and most rewarding part, learning to build. Or in my case un-build and build.

Attachments

• DSCF8158.jpg
    DSCF8158.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 55
Back