• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Nw guy, kinda

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foolonthehill

Supporting Member
Hey folks! I'm new to this site and forum. I couldn't rember if I'd done an introduction, looked around and couldn't find any so here goes...I'm an old guy. Air Force veteran, life long drag racer, motorcycle racer, pilot for 30+ years, and A&P, although I've never really worked in that field. I worked at Rockwell International and Boeing for about 30 years. Built major components on every Boeing airliner for years, built the B-1B bomber for about eight years, as well as work on the Space Shuttle and Int'l Space Station amoung many others.
Composites is what I do, design, prototyping, tooling (molds to most of you), and production. Currently, my brother and I have stood up a new company and we already build the entire composite airframe for a light sport/experimental aircraft, as well as cowls, wing and empenage tips somewhere between 8-10 other aircraft.
I've had four experimentals, two WAR's and two KR2's. I don't want to build another aircraft like them again! I like all composite!
We've built race car parts for such race teams as Jegs, Cagnazzi Racing, John Force Racing, we built all the NHRA Buell pro stock bike bodies for about a decade, etc. We've also done a line of products for Dodge Vipers and a couple of models of Ferarri. Hopefully, we'll start building them again some day, since I still have the tooling (molds).
I'm a native N.Y.'er, lived in Oklahoma for over 30 years, and now settled in south central Kentucky, about 1 1/2 hours north of Nashville.
I don't want to break any rules here, so if this is out of line, I'm sure the Mod's will delete it; you can see what we do on FB at AM Composites.
That's me....

Back