• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Thanks for the WELCOME

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Name is ROGER I'm 76 yrs old and an avid airplane freak. I'm currently affiliated with the Phillipsburg Airport, Phillipsburg ,Ohio. I am the so called grounds keeper. I mow the grass in summer. We have a 3000 ft paved runway with lites and a 3000ft grass runway along side.

I am currently working on a rebuild of a Hipps Reliant. It has a 4A084-4 Continental engine. Its classed and sold to me as Part 103 Compliant. Heres where it gets tight. I needed a fuel tank ,the old one leaks. Fiberglass and 10% ethanol don't really get along. I ordered a new tank from Dwayne over at Perceptor Aircraft. It took him a month to deliver and after its installed ,I find it leaks like a sieve. Now I cannot get in contact with Dwayne and his phones are disconnected and email undeliverable. I guess I will have to eat this one. Just be aware this guy it appears is in trouble. NO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM HIM or PAY HIM ANY MONEY>. I really hate when this happens and its not the way I do business.

Back