• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New member from Ohio!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SClow303

I thought that I would stop by and introduce myself. My name is Streeter Clow and I live in North Central Ohio. I grew up in a flying family and pretty much live right next to the airport. I fly as a Flight Nurse and I am apprenticing under an A&P/IA. I currently own a Cessna 172 that I completely restored over the past year and have been flying a lot lately.... 155 hrs this year alone so far. I have been wanting to build something experimental for some time now and just picked up a stretched Piper Pacer project. It started life in the late 80's, early 90's as a V6 STOL Blanton conversion. The project stalled out in the mid 90's and switched several hands until I acquired it this past month. It will be a complete tear down and rebuild. So far I have gotten it home, removed the Ford V6 engine and electronics and firewall and stripped away the old fabric. It was a shame as the fabric job was done very well but the prep work on the tubing lacked a nice job. It will be getting 3 inch extended PA-18 gear running 31 inch bushwheels. The plan is for a O-360 at this time. Panel will be glass with some primary backup instruments. I look forward to learning from the community here!

Back