• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Where are we really at in flying?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don january

Ok my friend's I must tell you my thought's about the air and the ground and what goes on between. I sit here in front of the PC and read all the great post about so many interesting thing's and Wow!! there is no end to the math, the science, and the dream's of what to build next. Flying has become so wide spread from gliding to a hotrod Pit's. I cruise through the internet and find all these wonderful plane's for sale, engine's and part's and I personally ask myself wy this Mini-Max is only 5600 buck's? Did the fella give up or did the bird not pass the final?? Many I have guessed have entered this domain to cut their bordom and reach for something to fill the space, which is way far beound great for them. Many of you guy's can tell instantly if the poster has any flying time or not and if your like me you want to reach out and help them get to the next step. I can only hope that this brotherhood of the Net reaches out and touches each other. It's kinda funny how we see the bickering between fella's that try and say there corvair or vw engine is the best when in trueth Manual's and part's are the thing that is really pushed on there behalf. I myself would like to see a builder or pilot reach out and say Hey Don do you have some extra spruce to finish my spar's? or maybe Hey Don do you have an extra cowling for my Bird? I hope that this HBA site will and always be a place to come for the true need of material and advice for that craft sitting in the corner waiting for it's wing's to take flight. pawnee.jpg

Back