• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Diehl XTC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danko9

Greetings Everyone,

So I just came across this beautiful airplane.

I am trying to figure out any and all lessons that were learned from the design of the XTC, and I thought that this illustrious group might be just the one to ask. Was it well-liked by pilots? Were there any glaring flaws? I wonder how easy it would have been to catch an edge flip it while landing on water? Are there any obvious improvements that could be made? Also the wings are much closer to the water than on most seaplanes. I wonder how bad a strike would be at the very slow landing speed this thing has, given its huge wing?

I read that some pilots said it was unstable in pitch; however, it seems like later versions fixed that. I am not really sure though. I also read that the original 25 hp engine was not enough.

Here is a pristine one for sale. The listing has the best pictures I've found:
Diehl XTC Amphibian Microlight | Trade Me

294201770.jpg

294205180.jpg

Back