• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Bing 54 dual carb problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smchegar

I am trying to rescue a six Chuter PPC , it was stuck in a guys garage for the last 3 years after he upset it on a windy day...to make a long story short I completely rebuilt the air frame sent the chute off for inspection and done everything by the book...I have even re wired it...im down to adjusting the Bing 54 carbs on this 503 rotax after just rebuilding them with a basic kit, plus idle jets, main jets , jet needles and needle jets...Boy seems like every book has a different idea of what stock jets this carb needs, luckly i was able to match the stock ones that are in it....I am very very proud of how far this thing has come and im almost ready to hang the chute but here is my issue...I am adjusting the slides to where they almost disappeare at the top of the carb opening to get them both in sync...After adjusting them where they are even with the top edge, when i pull the throttle back to idle the opening are an 1/8 apart again...when i try measuring them and set them at idle instead of open, the arent even at the top...So they are even at the top and not at the bottom, or even at the bottom and not at the top when the throttle is opened or closed...I have the carbs together right, same needle jets and jet needles, i have the idle screws all the way open and away from them...i need to know what would cause this ? Plastic cap? Spring? One adusent screw at the top of the carb is almost all the way closed and one is almost all the way open...there is no middle ground...aprix 150 hrs...pls help my new friends and i will try to express stuff better and learn your language over time....

Back