• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New to the site, not really into planes but I need help/advice with a new project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BGactionsports

My name is Nate Thompson, I'm not really into planes, and I'm not a pilot or engineer. However, I am looking at starting a new project/experiment and I need some help and advice from you guys. I'm into action sports and I want to explore the idea of using aerodynamic aides and lifting body style surfaces to enable a motorcycle to "jump" or glide dramatically farther then is currently possible. I think it's possible to use a lifting body type idea to elongate the ballistic trajectory of a jumping motorcycle. Please don't dismiss me as a kook. I think that once a few people see some drawing and mock ups that my vision will become clear. Hopefully you guys can help out with this project and maybe it can open your eyes into a new direction with something you are working on. I've often found my best inspirations for ideas come from looking at cool ideas in unrelated fields.

Back