• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Come Along For A ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DragonFire

Come along with me as I build the KTM DragonFire Theme Build. I'll take you through a five day build. American Chopper style.
Vender delays put me up against the last minute clock wanting to deliver it to the client by my Nashville Skies Event. At least one all nighter and many 18 hour days, all the while setting up the fly in.

From a pile of tube on the floor on Monday evening to a finished flying product by the following Monday. With only a few minor adjustments. It was DONE.
Watch the progression from a pile of tubes to the first firing of the engine. Watch as the client takes it for its first night flight.

An intersting snapshot as to what was involved. The highly tuned DragonFire Generac to 50 + HP. The custom designed “Active Re-Drive” The “Dagster Prop” The “Glide Bags” for chute bag and line sock storage. Many carbon fiber “trim” accent pieces. Many hand fabricated parts… headers, N number plate, Marker light plates. Many more.
after Two years of designing and testing. The story of twin ships being built side by side. One as a flying prototype the other the refined product.

Grab a beverage. Enjoy the build. 14 minute slide show.
Thanks for watching
DAG
https://vimeo.com/133722541

Back