• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Trade LSA class 4 stroke engine for a good set of wings !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
Here's the weird deal of the decade....

I have a Franklin 2A-120 engine. FAA certified design. Able to be FAA certified (with overhaul and a new set of logbooks). Original equipment on the Bellanca 7ACA of the early 1970's. 2 Cylinder, horizontally opposed, 4 stroke, 60HP, 125 pounds with dual certified mags and carburetor. The engine is intact, mostly assembled, and undamaged. Due to age and dusty/oily storage, it should be disassembled and cleaned. LOW TIME, but I did not get the logbooks with the engine. This would make a great inexpensive alternate to other LSA and light aircraft engines. Direct drive - needs no redrive to swing a 5 foot propeller for a "low and slow" type airplane. I have it listed on Barnstormers for $2500.

I'm interested in a set of decent quality, well built, well engineered wings, struts, etc. Something like Junior Ace wings, clipped Pietenpol wings, Zenair 701 wings, N-3, Ragwing, Kitfox/Avid, Carlson, etc. Reasonably STOL, "low and slow" type airplane wings. I do not want "lawn chair" ultralight wings, or marginal single place... the wings need to be of decent strength for a heavy single place or light 2 place. Fabric not important (I'd recover them anyway), but wood rot, or poor glue joints, or sloppy sheet metal construction is not of interest to me.

So after all that description... I would be happy to discuss taking a setof wings in on trade towards the engine. For the right quality and completeness I'd trade straight across, but in most "average wings" cases there would have to be some cash (or other stuff) added to the wings.

Bill NOSPAM-victorbravo _at- sbcglobal #net

Last edited:
Back