• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Elsa status confrmation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckparker

So I going to look at a plane that the owner claims to be an LSA. It's a zenith 601hd with a Jabiru 3300. I googled images of airworthiness certificates, it looks to me the airworthiness should be a special and should say light sport. Am I wrong? And is there anything else that can make that deal breaker.

I'm sure there have been more than a few unscrupulous sellers who sold off airplanes either on purpose or by ignorance that weren't LSA compliant even though most of that model are LSA compliant. I'm thinking to much horsepower or some other change making it to fast or stall speed to high. In fact I'm thinking this airplane might be on the to much horsepower train tracks.

Back