• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Tool Box Planner program

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmipacman

Hi, I would like to run something by you all that I am working on and get some comments. I'm going to try to keep this short.

I would like to start providing routered toolbox foam as a service. I know there are lots of others doing the same but I hope to differentiate myself with this key item.

The main difference will be a web based layout program. You have seen the simple web apps for organizing furniture in a room on furniture manufacturing websites? Something very close to that for toolbox drawers. You have a 2d top view of your drawer space with a library of all the common tools (I will add to the library as I go with anything from machining accessories to guns), users can also create a simple outline of their own custom tools. You drag them into the drawer and rotate and arrange to maximize space. Then you save the drawer layout and order. A few days later you get your custom routered insert.

In my mind I can see this being a big hit. (Organize your dream toolbox efficiently on your lunch break or in front of the TV. Less hassel than doing it yourself. Order multiple qty's for where several workstations need to be identical.) I could go on and on, But everyone is right in their own mind...so I was hoping to get input and validate this as an idea worth pursuing. After all, it would be the lynchpin in my business model.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Back