• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

rotax 582

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gahan

I have located a 582 rotax locally on a 2 seat pusher two plugs per piston oil injected starter with rotax gear box' it looks to be a real pro setup. i havent located to much info on this model engine but i've been told it has a rotary valve intake:confused: 35 years ago i rode a 100cc bridgstone motor bike with this rotary valve and it just screamed:D but they had trouble keeping the crank seals working do you think rotax solved the problem or will i have low Hr's between tear down's:pout:
I have checked with Izon and I will be ok on weight and they provided info on beefing up firewall. cost is $1000 complete for motor I can't beat the bang for the buck.

Back