• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Passing the Written Exam for Sport Pilot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Dingus

Ok, yesterday was a big day. i passed my written exam, for Sport Pilot.
This puts me one big step closer to that goal, as i covered the ground school from Gleim over the past 9 months. i asked mysely why is that question even on this test, as there are over 800 questions to be covered during the course that could be asked on the final FAA test.

it dawned on me that these questions are the same ones that you get for Private Pilot as well.

could the FAA have made a specific test that matches the requirements that us sport pilots will actually use on a day to day basis.

i wont be going over 13,000 feet maybe 10,000 if i am lucky but why if its so nice down below.

the only IFR i will be doing is , I Fly Roads, I Fly Rivers, and I Fly RR tracks.

as a side note, with the advent of the new sport pilot rules, and the plethora of 2 cycle power plants, is there still a new plane buing built that uses the manifolg pressure guage.

instead of a tachometer, or Prop Rpm guage.

Robert

Back