• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Southern Corvair Connection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Clapp

I would like to start a thread concerning Southern Corvair Powered Aircraft. I don't care who built your engine or what airframe you fly..if it's a polished gemstone or a dependable grease hog....the idea here is to put out information about where flying Corvairs in the South are located and encourage getting together.

For example...I am Bill Clapp. I fly two corvair powered aircraft. I fly a Tailwind and a Saberwing. I am based in Valdosta Ga. I know that tomorrow, Sat the 21st there will be a "Shamrock Fly-in" at Cannon Creek air park in Lake City Florida. There will be a few examples of corvair powered aircraft there and aspiring builders as well. There will be food available. Starts at 11 am. Anybody is invited.

I know of the following people...(I will post their names and info once I get their permission)

a Peitenpol corvair pilot at Little River Airpark, Fl
a Zenith 750 corvair in Thomasville, Ga - just signed off today!
a Whitmann W8/10 builder at O'Brien Airpark Fl
a w10 builder from Winter Park, Fl
A KR pilot at Boca Raton Fl
A KR builder and CFI at Cannon Creek, Fl

If you want to add yourself to this list or know of others we would like to begin setting up a list of where pilots and builders could connect for encouragement, rides, and trading of ideas....like HBA but in a physical sense. We will be able to help arrange or pass the word about get together so or fly-ins where corvair guys could mingle. No rules but to be respectful and learn from each other. We will have a couple fly-ins specifically corvair related in the future and if someone wants to arrange one we can help it be a success.

Chime in!

Back