• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

SE-5A build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtgunner

Last May I was given a partially built Replica Plans SE-5A. After extensive research and testing I have figure out what parts are airworthy and have begun the building process. At present time I am also finishing up an RC model project so my time is split right now. I work at Basler Turbo Conversions in Oshkosh Wisconsin so I have access to all the tools I need. I go to work 45 minutes early each day and build parts for the SE-5A. Then I work on transforming C-47's into what we call a BT-67. After work, if I have free time, I work on my RC BT-67. I have been called an airplane nerd from people at work but I don't care I love building airplanes. Right now I am working on all of the aluminum and steel parts for the SE-5A with the control box assembly being the priority. I will try to get the pieces made and get them welded up in early spring then I will fix a few discrepancies on the fuselage and horizontal stabilizer. At that point I can then install the controls and make sure everything fits. Once I am sure everything fits properly I can remove it and then install the fuselage bottom and then seal the fuselage and horizontal stab. Once those are protected from the elements I will feel much better and then can continue with make the wing ribs. If anyone is interested in my progress I have been updating my gallery or album on my home page. So have a look and please leave comments or suggestions.
smile%20happy.gif

Mark

Back