• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Epoxy and Workshop Temperature

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aerowerx

I know that the required temperature for curing epoxy has been discussed before.

According to the T-88 data sheet, it can be applied down to 35 degrees with no change in characteristics, although it will take a long time to cure.

I have been thinking of building a heat box so I can do some glue-ups this winter (but by the time I collect enough "round-tuits" it will be spring!:)). If I can keep the temperature above 40 degrees I will be happy.

But I was wondering, if there was a particularly cold night---still got 3 weeks left in February---and the temperature in the heat box went below 35 degrees, will the curing continue when the temperature went back up?

Back