• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

adding fiberglass accesories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gahan

morning all
this past two weeks have shown great progress on frabric covering.
both wings are covered and two coats of poly brush.
as I begin the tail Note most people do the fabric on the tail frist. not old tommy I had a tape from Izon, about all it covered was the wing so thats what i did first. I must admit i was a little intimadated till I saw the vcr tape. I feel like an old pro.
Orion are you out their? I would like to add fiberglass tips to the rudder and horizontal stablizer, I have to determine a suitable method to attach them to the movable planes before I finish cover. Izon just screw their wing tips on with s.mall screws. I'm little and slow
:gig: . tips shound't stick out more than 4" so it will still fit in a standard c
argo trailor. I will be puting a spray booth together for last coat of poly brush and at least 2 coats of poly spray, wingswill go in saddle I made and fusalage will come in to heated shop to finish. It's starting to look like an airplane:rolleyes:
OH? does poly spray stick to fiberglass, to use as base coat befor e color coat?:confused:

Back