• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Avid Flyer Model B Nice condition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
I recently bought a damaged Avid Flyer model B. My intent was to repair the damage, install a new landing gear, install a 4 stroke engine, and get flying again. I'm flying in a location that is simply not a good match for a 2 stroke engine. 3 milesof solid city houses surrounding my airport, with no good emergency landing areas.

We repaired the damaged fuselage. I purchased a set of brand new main gear. I bought a reasonably priced 4 stroke engine that was within the weight and power requirements for this aircraft (Franklin 2A-120). I strarted having an engine mount custom built to interface between the engine mounting design with the fuselage structure of the Avid.

As soon as I put the engine in place on the half-built engine mount, I realized that the other (bottom) half of the mount could not be built without tearing the entire forward fuselage apart. The Franklin style engine mount would interfere with the oil pan on the engine, or it would interfere with the intake system.

Rather than cutting up and modifying a perfectly good airplane, I have decided to put this aircraft in the hands of someone who either has a lightweight 4 stroke engine that could be mounted on this type of fuselage (Rotax 912, HKS) or someone who flies in an area where a 2 stroke engine can be operated safely.

But I still want an aircraft to fly while my main project is being completed.

So I am offering this Avid for trade. I am interested in trading it for some other aircraft that I can use. This can be a small experimental (Cassutt, Davis DA-5, Baby Ace), sailplane, antique (Taylorcraft, Aeronca, Etc.) or other aircraft that I might be able to use. No half-done projects please (already have one).

I do not have any money to add to this deal. Which means I cannot trade you the Avid plus cash for your Gulfstream IV. Let me know what you have to trade for a pretty nice Avid Flyer... folding wings, LSA, 2 place, with excellent STOL performance.

Bill (Victor Bravo) victorbravo ^at> sbcglobal ! net

Back