• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Building an air dryer for a compressor.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekimneirbo

I recently saw a video on Utube where a guy used a condenser from a truck A/C system
and a small tank to make an air dryer for his compressor. I'm thinking about doing the
same thing and using a couple of small tanks from one of those little 2-5 hp compressors.
I have some concerns about the ability of the tanks to handle 175 psi, but then I think about
the wall thickness on the existing Harbor Freight dryer that is already in my air line, and the
aluminum that the condenser is made from, and figure they should work OK. Any experience or
opinions on a safe setup like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KETQfwtA3a0

Back