• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Solidworks Ladies and Gentlemen! Please help me resolve this frustrating issue!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chlomo

Hi! Good day to you all!
I've been sketching some base curves to loft a fuselage for some time.
And every now and then there's this strange strange issue I can't seem to figure out.
Lofting... guide curves first and profiles later right? And that is what I'm doing.
When I try to pierce a guide curve to a sketch in another plane in some cases it works just fine; the sketch on another plane is visible.
But sometimes when I try the exact same thing and click edit sketch (guide curve) the fuselage end sketch on which the guide curve should be pierced is nowhere to be seen(please take a look at my images).

fuse end showing.jpg blue curves are each composed of two 2d sketches. They must be pierced to the fuse end sketch..

fuse end gone.jpg upon clicking 'edit sketch' on one of 2d sketches that form the 3d guide curve my fuse end is invisible and inaccessible.

Now this issue had me shaking my head so much my neck is practically aching! :cry:
I know this is not a Solidworks forum but I've searched Google and nothing comes up.

Responses greatly appreciated,

EDIT: It seems SW greys out sketches below currently being edited and indeed my fuse end sketch is below those guide curves. Is there a way to get around this?

Last edited:
Back