• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Welded components?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan2200

Hi all I'm new to this board and hope I've entered this query in the right category.
I love to tig weld 4130 and would like to build some componenets in my spare time. I have built plenty of one off parts for friends, BD5's, Pitts and Skybolt type planes and feel I'm pretty darn good at it after spending 15 years tig welding various light gauge alloys at my "real job".
Are there any parts for a popular homebuilt that are in demand? I'm thinking there must be some tricky parts that most people would rather buy than build themselves due to the complexities of fitting, welding and machining. Ideally I'd like to get set up to build 5 or 6 parts. Building components in quantity justifies building proper jigs and having the parts lazer/waterjet cut.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Ryan

Back