• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Cutting and fitting table for 4130 steel tubing and parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fixnflyr

Here is a little tool project I just finished. It has a box behind the cold saw to catch the chips and a catch pan on the bottom that the chips fall in. I also have the sander exhaust tube going in the catch pan also. Looking forward to an engine mount I am going to build for a Lancair 4 turbine (Garrett) and should come in handy when I start my Bearhawk Patrol.
Happy Landings,
Swaid
P.S. William Wynne gets the credit for the idea. I saw the one he made and I just added the catch pan to the bottom of mine other wise they are very similar.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg