• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

bungee gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyguy

I purchased a completely welded Acro Sport 1 fuselage with the Cub style landing gear. I would like to change this to bungee gear similar to the Pitts S-1 with as little modification as possible. The fuselage truss is no problem. My question is can I attach the streamline tube directly to the axel then up to the bungee or do I need to replace axel and all. The current setup is bolted to the axel alowing flexing with some sort of die spring 2/3 of the way up the tube. I can provide pictures to anyone needing more information before commenting.
Thank you, Flyguy

Back