• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

technical help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orion

R.I.P.
It's great to see this type of activity for our obsession. I have supported several similar sites including DBOW (Designer's and Builder's Online Workshop) and Kitplanes (as oriontech) but to date this one seems to have not only a really good roster but from the looks of it, quite a bit of attendence.

I am an aerospace engineer with experience in both, the mainstream sector and in our own "experiemental" field. I have worked for General Dynamics, HITCO Aerospace Structures and Boeing, and for the past twenty years or so, have owned Orion Technologies (www.oriontechnologies.net).

While working in the mainstream is certainly interesting, working in this end of general aviation is downright fun. Besides, it is much more likely here that I'll get to fly what I design.

On each web site a few ask what I did. My two primary specialities are configuration design and structural design. If you want more detail, I've posted a brief bio at our company's web site. Follow the "experience" link within the text of the home page.

I hope my input will be of use and of some help.

Bill Husa
Orion Technologies

Back