Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8485253545556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Today

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re: Ebay Today

Quote Originally Posted by delta View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONERAI-II-M...m=232178875103 Tampa, Florida,

Seems like this one's been listed before. It's a buy it now or best offer.
    That one looks like a good opportunity for someone who wants to get into the air in a HBA for a reasonable price. I think that the seller is incorrect in his assertion that a buyer can get recognized as the builder. I.e., the buyer will not be avle to get a repairman's certificate for it.

BJC
    Last edited by BJC; December 22nd, 2016 at 08:31 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ran into this on the Dallas FW craigslist. Interesting,,,

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/for/5844706423.html

Derswede

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Derswede View Post
    Ran into this on the Dallas FW craigslist. Interesting,,,

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/for/5844706423.html

Derswede
    Considering the apparent condition if it, I'd say they are asking at least double of what it is worth. I could be wrong.
    I've never met an airplane or helicopter that I didn't like

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BJC View Post
    I think that the seller is incorrect in his assertion that a buyer can get recognized as the builder. I.e., the buyer will not be avle to get a repairman's certificate for it.
    Agree

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Angusnofangus View Post
    Considering the apparent condition if it, I'd say they are asking at least double of what it is worth. I could be wrong.
    Was all that dust in the plans?

Or is that... value added.... he's a VAR... value added reseller

See, Dacron is like wine... it becomes more valuable through... aging... :-/ Ditto for wood glue.

Planes covered in dust... and people like me dying to fly. To quote the Wicked Witch of the West... "what a world, what a world...!"

---

Great Plains conversion Turbo VW engine, propeller, engine mount, and instrument panel *loaded* with instruments... $600...! Spartanburg, SC...

http://greenville.craigslist.org/for/5900057193.html

Unknown functionality, all of it... but a bargain for somebody handy at rebuilding airplane engines.. considering their kits cost 10x... or... $6,000. Too much engine for me.

You buy it, Altimeter, compass, vertical speed, and spirit level goes to me as finders fee, as I have no instruments :-)
    Last edited by choppergirl; December 23rd, 2016 at 04:13 AM.
    CHOPPERGIRL@AIR-WAR.ORG ~ Dorothy ~ Alice ~ Flying with Christina ~ Titanium ~ Unchained Melody ~ FOLLOW ME
    Dorothy Project : to build an awesome minamilist 3 axis control albatros for under $999 total! ~ Build Plan ~ And teach my own self to fly with ZERO dual instruction. ~ My starship was designed by Volmer Jensen. Starships were meant to fly...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Falcon was discussed on the Biplanes forum some time back....a member had stopped and looked at it and proclaimed it a disaster. Said the fabric was so fragile that touching it would cause a puncture, and that the engine had not been turned over in 10 years or so. He made a good point...that the airplane was worth the value of the engine core and that was about it. Abandoned design, unknown flight characteristics, etc. It would be a labor of love to rebuild it. I did some snooping and could not find any others flying. One guy had offered $2000 for it. Sad, another bird that will rot away...

Was visiting a friend the other day, missed his road and went down a nearby road, when I turned around, found myself staring at a Cessna 120! Sitting in a tin auto garage, disassembled. Asked the lady that was in the yard about it, she said that her son was going to "fix it up someday". I left her my card and told her that if she ever wanted to park her car in her garage, to give me a call. Amazing what you can find just looking around.

CG, I saw that engine. Might be a decent investment if you can get it cheap enough and resell it to someone that wants to do a VW powered bird. Hopefully a decent core at least....not sure about the turbo tho...most of the VWs are somewhat heat limited (Head dissipation). I had problems with my 911 on that note (similar design, but 6 cyl), and those are designed to be pushed hard. Rule #1...don't try to race a 911 on a budget.

Derswede

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks to some bizarre cross merchandizing, you can now buy a 7 cylinder 17hp E7260 radial engine through... of all places... Walmart.

Spiff up your ultralight...

Derswede: I found one of those type disassembled affaris on Craigslist yesterday... someone was selling a Honda Rebel for $400, that he had taken completely apart and didn't have the time to "put back together". I pondered all the time involved reassembling it, and thought, yeah, I'd spring for the next bike up at $600, that was still... all together. If I had money to spring for such a thing.

This 120 looks a lot like our 170... my dad stripped the olive drab military paint off down to the aluminum, and painted magenta stripes on it just like this one... only ours had two stars on the side. I had to do a double take.

500ft unopened new aircraft cable, $180 - Greenville (probably Spartanburg again), SC
    "1/8" galvanized aircraft cable on roll. Uncoated. 7x19 strands. New in package. 2000lb breaking point. "
    Last edited by choppergirl; December 23rd, 2016 at 03:39 PM.
    CHOPPERGIRL@AIR-WAR.ORG ~ Dorothy ~ Alice ~ Flying with Christina ~ Titanium ~ Unchained Melody ~ FOLLOW ME
    Dorothy Project : to build an awesome minamilist 3 axis control albatros for under $999 total! ~ Build Plan ~ And teach my own self to fly with ZERO dual instruction. ~ My starship was designed by Volmer Jensen. Starships were meant to fly...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That cable is probably Chinese made. Don't know how much I'd trust it. There is an art to making good wire rope, ask anyone who worked at Roebling Steel back in the day.

Yup, the 120/140 are the 170's father in a way..guess that makes the 195 its granddad....great flying airplane, the 195.
    I bought a Rebel like that once....traded it and some $$ for a newer Triumph Sprint. When not flying, I can "fly" on the ground....just got to look out for the cagers....!

Derswede

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by choppergirl View Post
    Thanks to some bizarre cross merchandizing, you can now buy a 7 cylinder 17hp E7260 radial engine through... of all places... Walmart.
    I doubt that it is actually Walmart. They have a deal similar to Amazon, where different companies can advertise their goods on the Walmart web site.

Which I absolutely hate, when I am trying to see if Walmart themselves has something I am looking for.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Derswede View Post

CG, I saw that engine. Might be a decent investment if you can get it cheap enough and resell it to someone that wants to do a VW powered bird. Hopefully a decent core at least....not sure about the turbo tho...most of the VWs are somewhat heat limited (Head dissipation). I had problems with my 911 on that note (similar design, but 6 cyl), and those are designed to be pushed hard. Rule #1...don't try to race a 911 on a budget.

Derswede
    Doesnt Sonex have good reliability with their own Turbocharged Aerovee offering? When I was thinking of a Waiex I seemed to find most were happy with the choice, although I have no personal experience with them. I think a turbo VW will be a good motor if it is done right.

I actually spoke with the guy and he seemed to be evasive on the history of the motor etc. Was not willing to budge on price either.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The radial is for model airplanes. Walmart is just trying to get into the Amazon gig by offering sellers a spot on a website. The engine was a respected, I believe German, engine builder who sold the rights of mass production to India. Evolution saw there was no direct US seller so they locked up the US market by putting their name on it in the US and not allowing direct from India. Have to have a reason to pay more for something.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by choppergirl View Post
    someone was selling a Honda Rebel for $400, that he had taken completely apart and didn't have the time to "put back together". I pondered all the time involved reassembling it, and thought, yeah, I'd spring for the next bike up at $600, that was still... all together. If I had money to spring for such a thing.
    I usually got my bikes for about $100, non-running or in a basket but everything there. A non-running bike is not worth more than $100 to me and they are out there.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)