• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Legal to Own an Ejection Seat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

behlftball

Hi,

First I want to apologize as I do not know if this is the right place to post this. I am a militaria collector and I have just been offered a Martin Baker MK4 ejection seat. Story goes it was off of a British aircraft that burned and a US troop was able to get it out of scrap in the 1960's and send it back to the US. I haven't seen it yet, but I am told it is 1/3 assembled (but has instructions). I am really interested in adding this to my collection, but I am not sure if it is legal to own one. I assume it is legal if it is decomissioned, but I don't want to get into any trouble. Anyone have any experience on this matter?

Thanks,
Phil

Back