• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

private pilot Flight review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jr37

Hi, I will be taking my pilot flight review this Spring. I have a private pilots license but I don't plan to take the physical. Can I take the flight review for private pilot and then fly as a sport pilot? If so, then if the law is changed to allow private pilots to fly with drivers license, I'll be all set.
Could it be that I need to have the physical passed before I can take the fight review check ride, for private pilot? Also the instructor I plan to use does private pilot check rides. He said he has never did a sport pilot check ride so I don't know if he will do a sport pilot flight review.
I'm just now getting back in flying. It's been over forty years. I'll have my STOL 750 ready to fly this Spring..
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks, jr37

Back