• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sanding Abrasives & Care Of Tools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geek1945

Two things bother me; first is seeing home improvement hosts who misuse tools like adjustable wrenches and slip joint pliers since viewers are thinking these guys know their stuff. Second is sanding with abrasives which are clogged with wood dust, I would imagine virtually all forum users know better, clogged sanding abrasives are not doing a good job they were intended for. We all have those sanding cleaner rubber erasers and use them regularly, and when possible reverse the abrasive so the unused sharp grit can be used. So I'm confident you are one of those users. So if you seeing a tool being misused like screwdrivers for chisels or using 12 point sockets instead of cam-loc sockets for tough fasteners the one's that grab the flats not shoulders you should pass-on some wisdom. Finally cheap abrasives are just that, now if you're sanding balsa wood or foam they'll pass if you can keep the cheap press-on adhesive from unsticking when things get hot. Thank You for knowing better, because kids aren't learning like we did from Dad, so I can imagine the day when a good plumber will be worth their weight in gold since nothing else matters when sweetie can't flush the toliet, Lu, head, john, porcelain throne etc. Older than Water Ed

Back