• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Tough Protective Clear Film Used on Autos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geek1945

In Texas dust storms can literally sand blast a cars paint job so protective films are available to avoid some expensive paint jobs. After my son's Aston Martin Vanquish got sand blasted a $20K paint job was done followed up by $3K protective film job. Another benefit is his groundskeeper also washes the Aston with fear of messing up an expensive paint job.

It appears several auto makers us these films on rock strike prone areas i.e. panels directly behind wheels.

This film might be worth investigating for metal and composite homebuilts whether it could protect propellers or fabric coverings isn't known. The film similar to printed graphics seen on company vehicles and trucks. Apparently the majority of cost is in applications, just like covering a plane. Here's a link for those who may be interested. Ed

Paint Protection Film

I bet auto thieves love this covering for stolen BMW's and other expensive cars too;

Paint Wraps | Paint Replacement | Avery Supreme Wrapping Film

Back