• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Wood Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeeter_ca

Hi everyone, I'm new here but have already looked at all of the wonderful information on all the threads here.

I have a question regarding building wood parts over a long period of time. If i start building parts, say wing ribs, and building them one at a time it might take along time before the entire structure is done and varnished. Will the unvarnished parts, i.e. ribs, spars, etc. warp or distort over time. How can they be perserved without varnishing. They cannot be varnished until all of the structured is glued, correct?:D

BTW - i am planning on building a VJ-22 Amphibian. Is anyone out done or doing the same?

Back