• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

How you can save 10% on nearly your entire Avionics Package!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone! I am constantly on hunt for all kinds of good ideas to get the aircraft that I want, with the equipment that I want, without having to pay full price for the thing. I am in the process of planning out a Zenith Zodiac CH 650 B build with the details of my avionics package (and other components) laid out on Zenith Zodiac CH 650 B: A Light Sport Aircraft Safety Plan Overview. One of the things that I came across while working to monetize my blog was the Amazon Affiliates program. I don't have to tell you that Amazon has all kinds of products, not just books. Once I set up my account, I decided to dig to see how deep the rabbit hole goes for what I need in my build. Did you know that Amazon has aircraft avionics? Who Knew?!!! I started looking around for my exact desired glass panel avionics package, with 10" monitors, and the works. Wouldn't you know it... it's in there! So, if it's in there, you can sell it to yourself (buy it via your Amazon Affiliate web site links). Should someone else stop by, click on one of the links, and then choose to buy something else once they are on the Amazon website, you get a percentage of whatever they buy in the session that comes off your link. I can only hope that they click on one of mine and decide to buy some real estate or something :).

Granted, you will have to build up to the 10% as it starts at 4%. You might want to consider how many things that you buy from Amazon right now, or that you might need on the way to installing your avionics. Tools, pilot courseware, yada, yada, yada. It's all counted as a sale, including "used" stuff purchased through the Amazon website. 10% comes around quick while making these small sales to prep for the bigguns. Considering that my avionics system with all the trimmings might be upwards of $14K for me, I get back $1400 after I reach my 10%, selling a bunch of other stuff to myself or others who visit the website. When you think about it, it is common for those doing a build to put pictures of it online. Sounds like a reason to join the Amazon Affiliate program to me!

Please don't misunderstand me. There are many online who tout get rich quick schemes. My advice is not about that. I don't get any money for accounts that you set up, or products that you buy yourself. You can look into it, Amazon has no such program for signing people up. I am just into beating the system to get a good discount, and willing to share the details. This said... if you really really want to help me (and my build) for this advice, just go to VFR and IFR Pilot Kneeboards, and PDA Kneeboard Accessories, click on any one of the products (which takes you to Amazon), and then buy whatever you might otherwise buy from there - or don't. You don't have to buy the thing that you clicked on. I thank you for your session! By the way, if you plan on going the route of being an Amazon Affiliate, you might also want to look into the Amazon Prime program, which kind of acts like Netflix on one side of it, but has significant shipping deals on the other - in some cases, free shipping. That might come in handy for the air compressor that you might consider buying for sheet metal cutting.

Feel free to do your own research. Don't let a guy like me tell you how to save some cash! :) And if you decide to click my way... thank you!

Back