• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

GeoGull

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What span on removable wings ultralight experimental do you prefer?

• 20ft span, 24ft^2 area

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 25ft span, 30ft^2 area

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • 20ft span, 24ft^2 area

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 25ft span, 30ft^2 area

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

WonderousMountain

DSCN2802.jpg
I have an engine, G13Ba Suzuki four cylinder. All goes well there will be a picture of it sitting half ripped from it's mooring in a hatchback, definably inaustere with about half of the engineering progress made since the dawn of the last century enclosed. Covered casually in dust, oil, radiator fluid sprinkled with fuel, WD40 a little here and there and a few moments carb cleaner during the restart process. From these beginnings, with more aftermarket and custom parts than sensible or cost effective it will become the generator of power for the "GeoGull"
One may assume it's name, a conjugation of an ancient word for Earth and Gull, a family of birds with a water affinity insinuates that it will be a ground based or swim instead of flying. If that's what you assumed, let me know what the odds are at, I'm curious.
In concept it's a pod and boom single place, with inverted Gull wings, retractable tricycle gear, prop-fan driven, tail configuration including winglets for the horizontals and a trim wing atop the vertical. First model was sightly, informative and lacked durability. Full scale must comes with it's own difficulties, yet the prospect of seeing 1:1 dimensionally appeals to my lazier sense of conceptualization. Many questions arise that simply do not have reasonable answers; like... How do you get crash protection in 3-4 inch under-seat area. Where do you put over twenty gallons of fuel in a minimalist fuselage? What to do about making proper wheels vanish into sleek (thin) wings? Does it even balance out, or woefully dependent on a leadin nose? Enough of that for now;

Now- I have an engine, and it's name is Zuki.

Clear Skies,
LuPi

Last edited:
Back