• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

tailwheel solo before ppl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holtzy3

hey guys, have a quick question. If i do flight training in my own aircraft, lets say its a tail dragger, is it possible to get my tail wheel endorsement before i get my full ppl, or by soloing in my aircraft do i already get my tail dragger endorsement, then i would have to go get my sel rating right? what im trying to ask is can i solo in my tail dragger (most likely a sonerai 2) and get my tail dragger endorsment before i get my ppl. and then after i get my ppl i would have to get a normal sel rating right? or do i have to get my sel first and waste a bunch of time and money training in someone elses aircraft. and after that spend even more to fly my own. please help, i confused my self writing this so if your confused dont worry ahaha

Back