• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

I Love my airplanes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ragwing

Hello,
My name is Kevin Mays,I'm from West Liberty,Ky(9I3),I'm 28 years old and have been flying since I was born(my father is a pilot,and grandfather,etc.).I got my private on my 17th birthday and have built up a few thousand hours since then.
My father and I have a few projects and a couple of planes that we fly.Our projects are a 1948 Cessna 170(that I learned to fly in),a 1946 Taylorcraft BC12D(that my father and grandfather learned to fly in),and coming soon,a Hatz Classic(as soon as I finish the Taylorcraft).We also have a Smith Miniplane(complete and together but I need an engine for it,anybody have one for sale?),and a beautifully restored 1959 straight tail Cessna 172.
We are always looking for good deals on good projects to restore and resale,and maybe make a partial living at it in the process.I hate to see a nice old classic forgotten about or abandon.I would rather see someone buy it,fix it,fly or sell it to someone that will be very proud to own it.
I would like to invite everyone to stop in and see our little cramped up hanger full of airplanes,projects,parts,and pieces.We always love to see new faces drop in and it's always good to make new friends.

Back