• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

restoring wood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraigLC

Neat Web site Jman, One problem, I'm in here playing and I'm should be out in my shop. Just joshing, cause I do need some help and this could be a really cool way to get it. Just finished a Pitts S-2A, and had so much fun, I decided to get another project for the extended winters here in the PNW. A friend and I found a potentially pretty "66" Piel Emeraude in need of some TLC. But old wood is not the same as tube and fabric. So hear comes the educational part of building your own planes. Already found some like minds (problems/questions) discussing okume plywood. I'm facing a pile of it, the planes structure is square overall but the skin looks like a potato chip and all the nails are still there. I need some advice.

Back