• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Will a Rotax 462 from a snowmobile make a good engine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ULH-1

Which of these engines would be a better choice?
I got a friend with a Rotax 462 thats liquid cooled he pulled off a snomobile, It has good compression. He also has a 440 he got off a ski doo. The 440 was rebuilt and runs good. I never knew rotax engines were used on snowmobiles I thought they only did aircraft engines, is there any difference? Will this engine stand up to use on an ultralight? How much HP does it make? Im guessing around 35 maybe. Also where can I get a prop hub to use on it as I plan to use a direct drive? Any input is appreciated as I dont know much about snomobile engines.

Last edited:
Back