• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Teenie Two OR Sonerai 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusionfab

Well I THINK I've narrowed it down to two. I had really hoped to go with the BK-1 but got in contact with Bruce King and plans still won't be available for a bit. I believe I'd like to build a single seater as the 2 seaters seem quite snug, and would like to utilize the VW 1600cc and maybe upgrade it to either the 1776 or 1835. But with these two aircraft I have some questions.

The Sonerai 1
If I chose this one would it be possible to build a 'low wing'? Maybe purchase the sonerai 2 low wing plans but then bring the fuselage and wingspan back to size specs as the '1'? Also taper in more to the tail cone to lighten?

Teenie two
If I chose this one would it be possible to shorten the wingspan to 17' exactly like the KR-1 wing span? Also remove the curve in the wing so that rather than the wings starting out horizantal then rising up partway into the span I would have the same tip height rise but straight at that angle from the fuselage? Also maybe lengthening from 12'10" to approx. 14'? And if needed after shortening the span and lengthening I would construct the wings to be wider for additional 'Wing area'

Thanks everyone

Back