• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Smith AW1a Torch and Tips Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoomzoooie

I got a Smith AW1a handle, AW201, AW203, AW205 tips, HTP2 gauge set and the RA921 and the Kevlar hoses are ordered. After reading though the booklet, they show the AW200 tip for up to 1/32" and AW201 for 1/32"
I called my supplier about a AW200 tip and they got back to me after talking with Smith saying it is discontinued.

I have a couple of questions:
Is the AW201 tip ok for .028 wall?
If so whats your settings?
If not, what are you using?

Should I get arrestors and check valves to use with the AW1a?
I have seen some mention they are not needed or will not work correctly with the low pressures used.

Also the AW1a handle is smaller then I expected. I'm finding holding it awkward with the knobs up front.
How do you hold yours? Knobs up, down or to the side? If knobs up do you put your finger between the knobs?

ZZ

Back