• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Looking for the right plane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris m

Hi,

I am finishing up getting my license and for the past couple months have been looking for the right plane to build, I have looked at the Zenith and Sonex and am fine with building out of metal, but it is out of my price range.

I am a carpenter and love working with wood so I have decided that the wood route will probably be best for me.

I am looking to build a single or two seater, simple is what I am looking for. I would like to build the airframe out of wood, I have use of a 8ft metal break so I would not mind skinning in aluminum. If it is possible

I am also looking for a plane that I can put a simple motor in, (no speed reduction units or liquid cooled) just a straight drive and air-cooled. I really like the price of the Aero Vee:
http://www.aeroconversions.com/aero_vee_2002.html

A U-Assembly engine is not a big deal, nothing I haven't done before.

I am looking at the Falconar F10A I like the looks of it and the motor I like (also the cheapest I've seen) looks to be right in the power range.

What I am asking is what other plans are out there that you fellows with more experience might think I should be looking at?

Thank you for your advice in advance!
Chris

Back