• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Nice to meet everyone!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s10sakota

Hi group,

I'm sure in the future I will have the pleasure of talking to you fellow kitplane enthusiasts so allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mark, 31 and I'm getting ready to bolt the wings on my RANS S-10. I've been working on it for the last year and a half and I'm at the 90% done with (I think) an honest 10% to go. I live in the Pittsburgh, PA area and me and two other RANS' builders (the RANS CLAN) are currently building a big hangar at Rostravor airport southeast of Pittsburgh.

I work as a pilot for Mesaba Airlines flying the SAAB 340. I've been there over three years and I'm not sure how the future of the company looks so I may go to Comair to fly the CRJ. Giving up three years seniority in the airline business is a serious move so I'm weighing my options carefully. In 1992 enlisted in the Air Force and worked on nukes (ICBM Minuteman III) at Malmstrom AFB in MT. Now I'm in the ND Air National Guard working on F-16's.

Anyway, I have a webpage dedicated to my S-10 and you can view it at www.preflightproducts.com/main

I've already started spreading the word about this page!

Last edited:
Back