• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Stinger Wing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOFT

First, thank you in advance for your help.

I'm hoping to one day with all of your help build an aircraft of my own design. I have some criteria for what this plane will do.

1. Span must be less than 24ft for storage reasons.
2. Single seat. At least for my first design and build.
3. Flying wing or delta. (so cool and looks fast on the ground too)
4. 120kt cruise (faster the better)...
5. But 40kt stall.
6. Range is still up in the air. (Pun) I would like to be able to make it to Oshkosh from St. Paul, MN.
7. Composite construction. Plugs, molds, and the lot. Hot wired foam might be too heavy as you will see from the preliminary drawings. I would like to use multi spar ribless wings if I can. This is more for cool factor but will save considerable time and if done correctly hopefully weight.
8. I want to use this to have fun with. Maybe Aerobatic? I guess it doesn't matter too much as long as I can pull some g's in a turn.
8. Relatively few parts. I was actually toying with a top and bottom mold and spar molds. This might be huge though. Probably make the normal wings spars and fuselage molds.
9. Industrial V-twin or rotax 2 stroke power. I like the smaller frontal area of the rotax but convince me.

I'm leaving something out and you guys will let me know. Just so you know, I am labeling this a long term design project and an even longer build project. I do not underestimate the amount of work involved.

I like to work on paper because of how fast I can make changes.

Ok. I'm on my iphone so I'm having trouble uploading pics. I will upload them tomorrow morning.
-Joel

Back