• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Davis DA-2 Spar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W-8N6053V

I have been lurking here for some time now and am starting to doodle. My wife got me the Raymer Text and the Homebuilt Design book for Christmas to get me started and I am studying them in what spare time I have out here (I am deployed of the coast of Afghanistan). I have found a couple of past thread on Leeon Davis's designs and I am interested in re-creating the DA-11 that will carry a 200 pound pilot. I am obsessed with keeping things light. In my doodling I am realizing just how much goes into a design and remain undaunted-it is very interesting for me. I have a couple of metal aircraft plans-Mustang 2, Hummel Bird, along with tons of pics of Midget Mustangs, Sonerais, Sonex's/Waiex's, CX-4, BK 1.3. I also have V-Witt, Tailwind, and Mitchell U2 plans to study from. I would like to find a set of DA-2 or 5 plans. They don't have to be complete and can be used. I am not looking to build one, just reference...or if someone has a pic or ten or can describe the DA-2/5 wing spar, how to build it, and what alloys/dimensions the capstrips and web is, I would much appreciate it. The only pic I have ever been able to find is of a fuzzy DA-2 spar that looks like the capstrips are single piece for the whole wing. I have not seen one like this before, and I am assuming the DA-9/11 was built the same way.Thanks,JerryN6053V

Back