• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Isaac spitfire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren finlay

Hi all, Thanks for the kind welcome to your group. It's that time of year when I get out my Isaac Spitfire plans,do many sketches and calculations and then put them away again.
Having been spurred on by Bill Pratt's Spit and not wanting to break tradition the plans are out again.
The same stuff comes to mind, retracts,Flaps, Mini Merlin etc,etc ,though this time I am considering a shopping list.
Many people on the replica spitfire site have said that the retracts are not possible though my calculations seem to suggest they are.
So my first job is a mock up of the main spar and ribs around the U/C mounting points to prove it all fits.
The Isaac plans have been bounced around for years, with most common complaint being its too small, though for me this means a project that I can realistically afford to finish, not a £200,000 monster that I will never afford the engine for, let alone finish

I am lucky enough to fly a J3L4 from my back garden, so there is no need to rush the little spit, though "Low and Slow" doesn't always get the blood flowing.
At the moment the plan is to finish the Spit as a Seafire47.

Regards Darren
CAA Licence A&C airplanes1

Back