• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Looking for details on W.A.R. FW-190's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W.A.R._fw190?

One of the planes that I’m interested building is a W.A.R. FW-190 but I have some questions prior to purchasing plans.
  1. Approximately how much does a W.A.R. replica cost to complete (engine/avionics can be listed separately)
  2. I’ve read that the aircraft requires a light touch. Does this W.A.R. model have any unusual/quirky flying characteristics?
  3. What are the aircraft specifications/performance (weight, max g-load, useful load, range, stall and cruise speed)
  4. Does the builder fabricate all metal parts or are the majority/all metal and canopy hardware available for purchase
  5. I’m 6’2”, 190 lbs; could I comfortably fit in this aircraft?
  6. How many build hours does it take the average builder to complete the aircraft?
  7. I’ve seen how active the Van’s RV community is; are there/where are additional resources/web-pages with build-logs and user forums (Google searches turn up little, perhaps this should tell me something)
  8. There are pictures of W.A.R. aircraft with the wings removed; could I keep the plane in a large garage, bring to the airport, assemble the wings and drive it home at the end of the day?
The other plane that I'm debating would be a plane vanilla RV-7. At this point I'm thinking that if I'd need to get somewhere with a passenger, it would be cheaper to rent a plane than have to pay the greater hanger/maintenance/fuel costs.

Last edited:
Back