• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Oh, No! Another Twist Question!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aerowerx

Maybe I haven't used the correct search terms, but so far I haven't found a clear answer to these questions, either here or elsewhere on the internet.

I have been looking at this http://www.nurflugel.com/Nurflugel/Papers/h_ca_01e.pdf and have written a small spreadsheet to calculate equations 00-09a and 00-09b.

First, in 00-09a does first term, [cl t]0 refer to the section list and chord of the wing root?

My second question is more general. When designing a wing to have a bell-shaped lift distribution, how would I take into account the angle of incidence for the maximum lift/drag?

My current wing design is:
Gross weight 1200 lb
span 34 ft
root chord 8 ft
tip chord 4 ft
sweep 30 degrees (1/4 chord)
S5010 airfoil---max L/D at 7 degrees at lift coefficient of 0.78, 0 lift at -2.1 degrees, max lift 1.16​

The twist angles I come up with are 1.07 degrees at the root and -0.07 at the tip. What happened to the max L/D:ermm:?

Yikes! Just saw what time it was. Have to get dressed, eat, and run off to work (2nd shift):depressed.

J

Back