• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New member. New Project.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rangerider

Hi everybody.
I just ordered the plans for a Falconar F-11A, which have not arrived, and I am looking forward to starting on it before the first of the year. It's an all wood and fabric design that I picked partly because of the all wood airframe, and because of my comfort level with working with wood, being a carpenter. I just thought I should sign up and pop in and see what everyone else thinks is important before I dive in and start making mistakes.
I am looking for tips, like "If I were starting my first project again I would not start without..." Things like that.
I'm starting with a one car garage, which is actually a nice 12x28' workspace, with a 4x16" workbench, quite flat and dead level. I have access to all sorts of tools and plenty of storage for materials. So is there anything I need to know before I start?
Let me know. Plans will be here in a week and I am buying the materials list on Dec. 1. Any help and all advice is welcome and wanted.
Thanks.

R

Back