• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Save 25% on new RV-4 kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrongway John

Purchased a plane this month, so will be selling my RV-4 kits. This kit is not started minus the first couple of pieces. If one is contemplating ordering new kits from Van’s, this will save yourself thousands of dollars. It’s the new RV-4 kits with pre-punched wing skins, purchased last year and delivered in May of 2010. Have empennage, wing and fuselage kits complete with inventory sheets and plans. Didn’t order finishing kit since I wasn’t sure what to leave out by going with a Sam James cowling and other items. I ordered electric flaps with wing kit. Blue film left on, but newspaper wrappings removed for proper storage in a dry insulated building. I haven’t figured the exact cost of kits yet, but one can go to Van’s site, add electric flaps, and take 25% off their price. That will be my price. I’m not charging for my shipping cost to TX. Prefer to sell it to somebody within a couple of hundred miles of Wichita Falls, TX, and that will save yourself additional shipping charges, and me the hassle of packaging it all back up, but would consider that as well. I want to sell complete, not interested in parting out individual kits. If interested I can be reached at: nine four zero-592-1113. Thanks, John.

Back