• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Priming 4130 fuselage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron

My Wagabond fuselage is almost ready (as soon as I get the doors fit properly) to be bead blasted and primed. I'm seriously considering the Stits covering process and understand that anywhere the fabric is glued to the 4130 tubing has to be painted with an epoxy primer. I have not decided on which brand only because all the info I've read still comes down do personal preference. Looking for as much input from someone who has been there and done that. I'd also like to be able to do the priming in my own shop.
Come on guys, I need your input.
Thanks Ron.

Back